Friday 30 November 2012

How Dare you!

on my facebook feed this morning:

"Defensiveness is a failure to understand and rest in Christ's finished work.You don't need to be right, you need death and resurrection--only death and resurrection will free you to rest and love others who don't get you or approve of you or respond to you the way you want them to.

For instance, the gospel frees us from having to check our FB and Twitter status all the time because we no longer worry about what others think of us or might be saying about us.

Don't read that as criticism of anyone but myself. I'm as addicted as anyone but I know that my addiction means something about the gospel and my failure to rest in Christ's okay-ness."
 Elyse Fitzpatrick
My (army volunteered) spiritual mum and Author of Counsel from the Cross, Give them Grace, Comforts from the Cross and Because He Loves Me 
(All essential books for one's library btw)  

No comments:

Post a Comment